This wiki both allows and encourages sprites (pixel art) for it's articles. However, this does mean certain rules for them.
- Pictures should be clear and easy to see.
- Sprites should follow the Terraria spriting guidelines: A dark outline and 2x2 pixels are required, as well as no background.
- All pictures should be added to Category:Images once uploaded.
- Images which are unused but potentially useful should also be added to Category:Unused Images.
- Profile pictures and ones used on message walls which are not related to Terraria should be hosted on an external source such as Photobucket, ImageShack, TinyPic, or Picasa Web Albums.
- Image names should correspond to what is shown in the image as much as possible.
- Do not upload duplicate pictures. Instead, replace existing pictures by clicking "Upload a new version of this file" on the picture's page.
- Only replace images if the replacement shows the same thing as the old version, but is also better (eg. shows the subject more clearly, is from a more recent update, etc.) in some way.
- If a certain user secures a spriting deal, the sprites that the deal entails are for the user who secured the deal only.
- Do not use sprites from the actual game.
- Exceptions for this would be articles similar to the Fake Dynamite.
- The sprite on a page should have something to do with the theme of the article.
- An example being: If a page is called the "Tactical Assault Rifle" the assault rifle sprite should have a tactical look to it. Or if a page is called the "Slimy Iron Sword" the sword sprite should have a slimy look to it.
- Improperly-named images which are considered useful should be moved to a better title.
- Generic image titles such as "File:Image.jpg" or "File:Untitled.png" should be protected to prevent rampant accidental (or even malicious) replacement.
Criteria for Deletion
This Wiki only uses sprites and, rarely, concept sketches in its articles. Any other pictures that are not sprites or concept sketches will be deleted. An image will be deleted if it:
- Is offensive to other users.
- Particularly offensive images may result in the user who uploaded it being blocked.
- Is of poor quality.
- This also includes poor quality sprites.
- Is a duplicate image.
- Has no relevance to Terraria and/or the Terraria Fan Ideas Wiki.
- Is not a sprite or a sketch.
- Is taken from another user's spriting deal.
- Is a unorignal sprite taken from the game.
- One of the few exceptions for this would be the Fake Dynamite.