The Paladin is an NPC that will move in after the player has acquired the Paladin's Shield and Paladin's Hammer and has unlocked War Mode. It sells war-like gear for the player. If he is attacked he will throw his hammer in defence dealing about 100 damage.
- Paladin Helmet (15 )
- Paladin Chestplate (25 )
- Paladin Greaves (20 )
- Battle Charm (5 , Blood Moon only)
- Dry War Standard (10 )
- Leafy War Standard (10 )
- Frozen War Standard (10 )
- Mushroom War Standard (10 )
- Bloody War Standard (10 , only if world has Crimson)
- Evil War Standard (10 , only if world has Corruption)
- Pure War Standard (10 )
- Fiery War Standard (10 )
- American Flag (10 )
- Confederate Flag (10 )
- Paladin's Hammer (20 )
- Paladin's Shield (10 )
- "I think everyone here is afraid of me. They never visit."
- "I wish I had a girlfriend." (Angel must be present)
- "The Angel certainly seems like a nice person." (Angel must be present)
- "To battle, my friend!"
- "Drop and gimme fifty!"
- "Many more monsters - defend the homeland!" (Blood Moon)
- "I prefer the rising of the sun to be as dependable as the seasons..." (Solar Eclipse)
- "My fellow warriors don't like you being my friend. You'd better look out."
- "I wonder what happens if you place these battle standards..."
- "I've been talking with <Goblin Tinkerer's name>. Apparently knights aren't any smarter than goblins."
- Benjamin is a reference to the Magic Kingdom of Landover series.
- Arthur is a reference to King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.
- Gimli is a reference to the dwarf in The Lord of the Rings.
- The Paladin seems to have an unreturned crush on the Angel.